Here’s another great dish from $5 Dinners, one of our blog partners bringing some unique twists on classic Hurst’s bean recipes. Check out here website for a ton of awesome recipes featuring our products and many other budget-friendly options for your family.
(Original post from $5 Dinners found HERE)
Yield – 6 to 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours
- 20 oz. bag HamBeens Cajun 15 Bean Soup
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 lb. cooked brisket
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak beans in a bowl of hot water for an hour, or overnight in room temp water.
- Add all the ingredients, including the Cajun seasoning packet, plus 9 cups of water to the slow cooker. Set on low and cook for 8 hours, or high for 6 hours.
- Season to taste.
- Serve Smoky Cajun Brisket & Bean Soup.