Looking for one of the BEST ways to use a leftover Easter ham bone next week? Try this incredibly easy slow cooker (crock pot) recipe featuring Hurst’s Great Northern HamBeens® and the remainder of a good sized Easter ham. Let it cook all day while you’re at work and serve for dinner with a side of fresh corn bread. It’s a delicious meal that is filling AND inexpensive.
Don’t Forget to enter our Spring Recipe Photo Contest… You can win a $100 gift card to your favorite grocery!
Easter Ham and Beans Recipe
You will need:
- 1- package Hurst’s Great Northern HamBeens (can substitute 15 BEAN SOUP as well)
- 1- leftover ham bone, with a good amount of meat still on the bone
- 1- large onion, diced
- 1- cup carrot, diced
- 1- cup celery, diced
- 2- cloves garlic, chopped
- 7- cups water or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Fresh thyme for garnish
- Rinse and sort through the beans. Check for any unwanted debris and discard.
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, add rinsed beans and the rest of the ingredients, including Hurst’s Ham Flavor packet.
- Cook on high for 5 hours, or low for 7-8.
- Remove the ham bone from the pot. Shred or chop all of the remaining ham and add back into the beans.
- Tastes great with a generous shake of black pepper… and we prefer a little hot sauce on top too!