Hurst has partnered this month with blogger/author Erin Chase @ $5 Dinners to create a couple of great new bean recipes featuring our best selling HamBeens® items. This 15 Bean Pot Pie looks delicious and would be a perfect recipe for the busy holiday weeks ahead. Be sure to check back here or on her site for more recipes in the coming weeks!
15 Bean Pot Pie
- 3 cups cooked 15 Bean Soup beans
- (Note: 1 bag of 15 Bean soup mix made enough beans to make 2 pot pies…perfect for a double batch!)
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp onion powder or minced onion
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pie crusts
- (Cook the dried beans according to package instructions, if needed.)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked beans and the mixed vegetables with the minced onion and canned soup (as is, do not dilute).
- Place one crust on the bottom of a lightly greased pie plate. Pour the filling into the crust. Top with the remaining crust and pinch the crust together around the edges. Make a few decorative slits in the top crust to vent.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until crust is golden on top. Use a pie crust shield if needed to keep the crust edge from burning.
- Serve warm with favorite side dish.
See complete recipe post from $5 Dinners HERE