It’s hard to believe, but football season is already back! If you are headed to a tailgate, or just watching from home this weekend, try out this brand new recipe from Karen @ 365 Days of Slow Cooking, one of Hurst Beans food blog partners this Fall/Winter. She uses our new Slow Cooker Bacon & Beans, but this recipe could easily be done with our more widely distributed HamBeens® Great Northern or Pintos as well. Enjoy!
For the complete recipe post, and other awesome slow cooker recipes, visit http://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/
Recipe for Slow Cooker Warm Cheesy Bacon Bean Dip
Ideal slow cooker size: 5-6 quart
Cooking time: 4-5 hours on high or 8-9 hours on low
Makes 30 servings
1 Tbsp salt
8 cups water
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (medium or sharp is best)
1 cup crumbled bacon
1. Sort through the dried beans. Check for any unwanted debris and discard. Rinse beans thoroughly with water.
2. Add beans to the slow cooker. Keep the seasoning packet for later. Add salt and water to the slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or on HIGH to 4-5 hours, or until beans are soft.
4. Drain the liquid from the beans. Reserve the liquid for later use.
5. Add 2 cups of reserved liquid to the bottom of a blender. Add the beans to the blender. Blend until a very smooth consistency. (You may have to do this in batches).
6. Add the beans back into the slow cooker. They should resemble refried beans. Stir in the seasoning packet.
7. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and stir into the beans. The cream cheese should melt and incorporate well. Stir in the cheddar. Stir in 3/4 cup of bacon (reserve 1/4 cup for later). If you feel the dip needs more liquid you can stir more in.
8. Sprinkle the rest of the bacon on top of the dip and serve with tortilla chips, crackers or fresh vegetables.